Friday, October 2, 2009

to yoga or not to yoga

first let me say, i am a multi-tasker. i don't do anything by itself - except sleep (and if i could figure out a way to get something else done while sleeping, i would). i never just watch tv while laying on the couch - i'm either folding laundry, clearing out the dishwasher, clipping coupons, etc. i make phone call while cooking meals. the only time i have to read my magazines is when i'm working out. i even say my prayers while i'm taking a shower. i can never "turn my brain off" - i'm always thinking of things i need to do.

with that said, i'm thinking about taking a yoga class. i took a yoga "mommy and me" class once before and i thought it was the biggest waste of time! the whole class i was sitting there thinking "i could be lifting weights or running or something - i mean, i'm not even sweating"! it about killed me to sit there for a whole hour and do these "silly" exercises when all i could think of was all of the things i need to be doing! but you know, maybe that's what i need to do to slow down and learn how to relax. i have absolutely no patience and i'm always stressed out and irritable. i recently saw an article that said yoga may actually help me in other aspects of my life to destress and relax, so maybe i should give it a try! i'll let you know if i end up doing it.

2 comments:

  1. Yes - I say try it. And give it a few tries before you quit and say it's "stupid." I've never done Yoga, but you DO need to learn somehow to just stop. Our church is doing a series on how we live our lives stressed out, etc. One of the "highlights" from last week was "Practice Stillness." It spoke to me. Loudly. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES...try it! BUT, you have to do a power yoga class. It is really fast paced and challenging. I used to take Joseph's class at 24 hr fitness on Hulen every Thurs and Fri. But, now I am going to try out Indigo Yoga on Camp Bowie. It is even better, 90 minute heated classes. Before babies I had to drive to Dallas once a week to find a heated class. You will be amazed at how much you sweat and how sore you are the next day.

    On another note, just read the last several months of blogs....i enjoyed very much!

    ReplyDelete