Saturday, April 10, 2010

i ♥ the 80's


i really do! i loved the music, the movies, the tv shows and especially the clothes! i so wanted to dress like madonna in 1983 (with all of the necklaces and bangles and fluffy,short skirts) but i was 8 and my mom wouldn't let me dress like that. now, a lot of the 80's fashions are coming back in style but i'm too old to dress like that! can you imagine me coming in to the pta meeting at my daughter's christian school and i'm dressed like cyndi lauper!? i think i might get a few weird looks!

i told you all of that to tell you this: today is my 35th birthday and last night we had an 80's themed birthday party! it was like so totally awesome! we had a lot of fun dressing up and having 80's music and 80's movies on tv. we had 80's themed food and drinks - st. elmo's fire roasted salsa, the breakfast club sandwiches, and pretty in pink lemonade (with vodka in it)! i didn't want the night to end - partially just because i wanted to keep wearing my 80's outfit!

tonight we (me, the hubby, and the girls) went over to my parent's house for a fish fry! i made a pig of myself! i'd have to say that this was the best birthday that i've had in a long time! i'm not thrilled with being 35 but this birthday was actually much easier than when i turned 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment