Thursday, September 17, 2009

sometimes He shows Himself in the simplest ways

i was paying bills today. every month i write a check to "the center for cancer and blood disorders" towards my balance due. today though, i really looked at the words as i was writing them and i got to thinking "i sure am glad that i'm writing this for my 'blood disorder' and not for 'cancer' treatment"! i may gripe because i get charged $100 every time i go to get a treatment (even with insurance) but really i have it pretty good. they are letting me make monthly payments (which i will be paying for the rest of my life because i will always have to get treatments), but really $25 to be healthy is well worth it! i started thinking about all of the things i have to be thankful for: i have insurance, we have the money to pay for what insurance doesn't cover, my medical problems are relatively minor, i'm not in any pain, my husband and kids are healthy, etc. after being in so much pain this summer, i really empathize with people that have to deal with pain all of the time: my uncle battling cancer, my dad having to use a walker, my grandmothers arthritis, my great aunt who just had her hip replaced, and an acquaintance of mine whose baby girl just passed away. i may not always show it (or even realize it) but i am so thankful for God's blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment