Sunday, November 22, 2009

i'm like the wicked witch of the west - i can't get near water

it's no secret - i hate to be pale! if there was a surgical procedure that i could get to be tan for the rest of my life, i would do it in a heartbeat! i used to go to a tanning bed in my younger days. i was not one of those people that likes laying in a tanning bed though. i can't sleep on my back and i lay there tapping my fingers thinking of all of the time that i'm wasting. now i go and get a spray tan. it's quick and so much safer for me, but it does require some planning!

it takes some planning ahead because you can't shower or work out for at least 4-6 hours afterward. i usually go at night and when i wake up in the morning i look like i just got back from some tropical vacation. my sheets are "tan" now too, but oh well! i also have to make sure that it's not raining or i will be splotchy. one time i went with my sister-in-law and when we were leaving the tanning place it was pouring rain. we had umbrellas but we would still get somewhat wet. the girls at the salon were so sweet that they put robes over our heads and walked us out to the car and when we were in the car they pulled the robes off and shut the car doors. they got drenched but our tans looked good the next day!

through trial and error i have figured out to use saran press and stick to keep the bottom of my feet from turning brown. i looked a lot more splotchy when i first started and it does take some practice, but most people are very surprised by how natural it looks for me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment