Sunday, April 12, 2009

it's my birthday

i had a great 34th birthday - probably one of the best birthdays that i have had in years! the only thing that could have made it better is if i didn't get a year older!! first of all, my brother and sis-in-law came in town on thursday and my s-i-l and i went to get spray tans and then we had a bbq dinner with my family and my parents. s-i-l and i drank quite a bit of wine that night and after they all left (and my family was in bed) i tried to pierce a second hole in my right ear! i have my left ear double pierced and i've been wanting a second hole in my right ear for a while and my hubby got me a pair of diamond earrings for my birthday so i want to wear them in the second holes. long story short - it wasn't enough wine to actually pierce my ears so i think i may be going to claires one day this week to get it done! friday (my actual birthday) i got to sleep in because the kindergartner didn't have school and i didn't have to watch my weekday baby. we just took our time doing things around the house and then went to taco casa and shopping to a few stores and to my favorite store - target! when hubby got home he brought some beautiful tulips (my favorite flower) that the girls gave to me and then we got ready to go out. the girls stayed the night at my parents house and hubby and i went to a dance club/bar with my brother, s-i-l, and a few really good friends. we had a blast drinking and dancing the night away and then we came back to our house and drank some more. nobody had to drive home so it was fun and safe! saturday i worked out and just did things around the house and that night my family went to my parents for a fish fry with my brother and s-i-l. it was so good!! the family got up early this morning (easter) and we did a quick easter egg hunt and checked the easter baskets before getting ready for church. we met my parents and brother and s-i-l at church and then went back to the parents for a easter brunch. then my brother and s-i-l had to leave for the airport. i was so happy to have them here but it feels like they just got here and now they are leaving already! at least we are going to visit them in a few months! after my parents house, we went to hubby's mom's house and had a big meal and easter egg hunt with all the family. the kindergartner is off school tomorrow and i don't have my weekday baby either so i get to sleep in and we will probably go see the hannah montana movie. also, my hubby's been so good to me - he washed my car, doing lots of extra chores, given me massages, etc. it's been a great weekend and i'm so thankful for all of my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment