Thursday, February 12, 2009

motherhood

well, i've had 2 full days back with my "weekday baby" (her parents were out of town so i had a week off). i was able to go so many more places and get so much more done while i didn't have her. while my kindergartner was at school, my little one and i went to the mall, target, walgreens, cvs, james avery, to lunch, etc. and it was so easy. i remember, a few years ago, when i just had 1 kiddo and i thought it was difficult to get stuff done and now when i just had 1 kid with me, it seems like a vacation. one of my friends said just wait and see how much you can get done with no kids during the day (when both of mine are in school) - wow, that sounds like a dream to me! don't get me wrong, i love being able to be a stay-at-home mom! it's a lot of work (i feel like i'm running all day and then at night i wonder what the hell i did all day), but it is so rewarding when my kids say how much they love me and they are learning and developing so well. even keeping my "weekday baby" has it's perks. because the kindergartner is off at school all day, it's nice for my little one to have someone else to play with and because they are so close in age (18 months) they do bicker over toys and so it's good to teach both of them to share and play nice. they are both the youngest of their respective families and so they need to learn that they can't always have their way. and they do get along really well most of the time! my "weekday baby" gives huge smiles to my little one and is even starting to say her name. another name for the "weekday baby" could also be "destruction in a diaper"! she literally goes into a room and tears everything out of a drawer, basket, shelf, whatever and then moves on to the next room - she doesn't even play with the stuff! my house looks like a tornado hit it everyday when she leaves! sometimes i think it would be so much easier to not keep her but the money that i make helps to pay for my kindergartner's private school and i feel that it is really important. it may be a little (or sometimes a lot) more work for me, but i think it is all in all the best thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment